IELTS Advantage: Speaking & Listening Skills is a comprehensive resource designed for all IELTS candidates who want to achieve a score of 6.5 or higher in the Speaking and Listening modules. IELTS learners are guided step-by-step through the different stages of the speaking and listening modules, using lively material covering a wide range of the topics that are likely to occur in the IELTS examination.
The book is divided into 2 sections: Speaking & Listening
With regard to Speaking section, it has 5 main features:
- Grammar, vocabulary, collocations and expressions relating to the common themes and topics featured in the Speaking test.
- Format explanations and exam tips to help you predict and prepare for the Speaking test.
- Exam skills and strategies for the Speaking test
- Audio examples on the accompanying CD of model Speaking tests.
- Plentiful opportunities to practice speaking in the format of the Speaking test
The content of the Listening section has 3 main features:
- Format explanations and exam tips to help you predict and prepare for
- the Listening test
- Development of strategies for listening and extracting the information necessary to answer the questions
- Listening practice material based on the accompanying CD
Organization of the book
Unit 1 and 2: These focus on Speaking Part 1. In this part of the Speaking test, the examiner asks the candidate questions about familiar topics relating to his/her Life.
Unit 3 to 7: These have an introductory section based on Speaking Part 1, followed by the main focus on Speaking Part 2 and 3. In these parts of the test, the candidate prepares and delivers a short talk (Part 2), then discusses related topics further with the examiner (Part 3).
Unit 8 and 9: Listening
1. https://pteeduvn-my.sharepoint.com/personal/admin_pte_edu_vn/Documents/IELTS%20Material/IELTS%20Advatage%20Speaking%20_%20Listening%20Skills/IELTS%20Advantage%20Speaking%20_%20Listening%20Skills.pdf?cid=b921e83e-3511-4939-88e7-3fcb7b1734db –> PDF file
- 2. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5j8AwCqJ41GeTB6ZjRsZm95bFk/view?pli=1 –> Listening and speaking Audio
- 3. https://pteeduvn-my.sharepoint.com/personal/admin_pte_edu_vn/_layouts/15/onedrive.aspx?id=%2Fpersonal%2Fadmin%5Fpte%5Fedu%5Fvn%2FDocuments%2FIELTS%20Material%2FIELTS%20Advatage%20Speaking%20%5F%20Listening%20Skills%2FAudio&cid=de16a748-7103-46cd-b751-09a646e35991 –> Listening and speaking Audio